PDA

View Full Version : Create Dwf on Close

matt.worland
2004-08-04, 04:42 PM
I have seen a few posts that have a reactor do something on close. I would like to be able to create a dwf on close no matter how they close it. Is this possible?
I have tried to learn reactors in the past, but still feel unstable in them. Any pointers to a good place to start (tutorials, books, websites, starting code).

Thanks Matt

Glenn Pope
2004-08-04, 06:49 PM
You would use the vlr-dwg-reactor using the :vlr-beginClose event. This will fire off any time the drawing is closed.

The problem I would think you would run into is creating the DWF. I don't know of a way of doing that without using the command function and you can't use the command function with a reactor. But I could be wrong about having to use the command function.

rkmcswain
2007-08-10, 12:20 PM
I would like to be able to create a dwf on close no matter how they close it. Is this possible?

AutoCAD 2008 includes this ability.

Look up AUTOPUBLISH in help.

matt.worland
2007-08-10, 01:23 PM
Nice find, thank you for the update.

Our unfortunately necessary, 3rd party software does not work with AutoCAD 2008 on a 64bit machine. I will definitely keep this in mind when we are allowed to use it.

Thanks again
Matt Worland

dgorsman
2007-08-10, 03:46 PM
I have seen a few posts that have a reactor do something on close. I would like to be able to create a dwf on close no matter how they close it. Is this possible?
I have tried to learn reactors in the past, but still feel unstable in them. Any pointers to a good place to start (tutorials, books, websites, starting code).

Thanks Matt

Just a warning, based on past experience. Using the "red X" to close the application can result in the application closing *very* quickly - so fast, in fact, that it can overrun any but the simplest commands that run in response to a close-event. If the DWF creation takes any more than a second or two, you could run into problems.