PDA

View Full Version : Looking for "white paper" discussing 2006-2007 compatibility issues

rdomke69
2007-08-03, 05:40 PM
We had a bad experience early last year loading C3D 2007 on one of our office machines for a test in the midst of an office using C3D 2006. No one informed our IT dept about "compatibility issues" so after using it in the middle of an on-going project we started noticing error messages popping up as we passed files around for editing. Our project manager brought the "test run" to a close in short order but he is very leary about moving beyond C3D 2006 with the expected need to retain the ability to use 2006 on some current and former projects. I'm looking for some comprehensive documentation that explains the "best practices" approach to upgrading and protecting pre-2007 projects from having problems. The best I can suggest is that for projects prior to 2007, we will have to keep some 2006 licenses available to work with the files as necessary. Apparently, you just can't mix the two versions without some level of "corruption". I've searched Autodesk and Augi but haven't come across a definitive "white paper" as yet. Could anyone lead me to a good source of information I can present to my manager?
You all are the best resource I can think of for help and direction.