PDA

View Full Version : Photometric Calculation...

ekulenica
2007-08-07, 10:17 PM
I checked the tutorials and it seems that Revit MEP2008 calculates the Average horizontal work plane illuminance. I am assuming it does that based on the lumen method or as also known as the zonal cavity method. Since the IES files of the fixtures are used, can MEP 2008 do a photometric calculation based on the point method? This method is mostly used by other lighting calculation softwares (like VISUAL) and it is very helpful for electrical engineers. As we need to know where are the shaded areas in the room, where is the highest spot of illuminance, etc.

thanks,

kyle.bernhardt
2007-08-07, 10:39 PM
Somebody needs to learn to search first and pose questions second....;)

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=65043

Cheers,
Kyle B

ekulenica
2007-08-08, 02:09 PM
Kyle, I've checked that post before. Although my post was more of a suggestion. Since we can change a lot of parameters like Ceiling Reflectance, Wall and Floor Reflectance, I thought it would have been great if we had the point by point calculation. I should admit that, these type of calculations are tremendous, and probably will take all the cache left, so it would require a major approach for Revit MEP .
Anyways, thanks for the reply.

kyle.bernhardt
2007-08-08, 02:23 PM
Kyle, I've checked that post before. Although my post was more of a suggestion. Since we can change a lot of parameters like Ceiling Reflectance, Wall and Floor Reflectance, I thought it would have been great if we had the point by point calculation. I should admit that, these type of calculations are tremendous, and probably will take all the cache left, so it would require a major approach for Revit MEP .
Anyways, thanks for the reply.I hear you there. We are aware of the value of Point-by-Point calculations for Lighting Design.

The Wishes Forum is the right place to make this sort of suggestion. The most useful wishes are those that state the problem you need to program to solve, not necessarilty how you think we should solve it. Any context as to "why" you need the program to solve the problem makes a wish all the more useful. With so many possible features and calculations to implement in the program, we have to build a business case for each item considered. The items that are the most useful to the most people usually win out.

Cheers,
Kyle B

Mottiqua
2007-08-08, 04:30 PM
ekulenica,
If you're using the latest version of Visual (I think it was released last year) it had 3d capabilities, should be able to export out of revit to 3d polymesh acad and import it to visual.