PDA

View Full Version : Single line piping

JoelLondenberg
2007-08-14, 10:46 PM
I must be missing something simple here. I'm attempting to show a waste line below slab as the single line symbology. This seems to work fine in a section view simply by switching the detail level to low or medium. In plan view it stays double line no matter what the detail level.

Anyone know where the check box is to fix this?

Jade6
2007-08-15, 03:18 AM
A potential reason for this could be you have a special setting for plan view.
Check properties of plan view and go to view/ Graphic, then a dialog box show up.
Please check the "Detail Level" for pipe category, is By View or not.
I guess, it maybe "fine" there.

mott-45
2007-08-15, 12:10 PM
I have run into this problem before. The cause is the View Range under your View Properties. You have to set both your Primary Range - Bottom and View Depth - Level offsets to a value below your pipe and that should fix it.

kyle.bernhardt
2007-08-15, 12:25 PM
I have run into this problem before. The cause is the View Range under your View Properties. You have to set both your Primary Range - Bottom and View Depth - Level offsets to a value below your pipe and that should fix it.That's a helpful first post, thanks for chiming in mott.

:beer:
Kyle B

JoelLondenberg
2007-08-15, 04:20 PM
I have run into this problem before. The cause is the View Range under your View Properties. You have to set both your Primary Range - Bottom and View Depth - Level offsets to a value below your pipe and that should fix it.
This was the bit that fixed it, thanks guys.

Revit Dog
2007-09-11, 09:19 PM
I didn't find this solution to work completely for my standard, unless I'm missing something. When I change the View Range setting, my pipe changes from single dash line style (from the "beyond" line style definition) to a double dash line. My standard maintains the single line for the below slab pipe as well. What I use is a filter defined as Sanitary Below Slab, assign to pipe category, and set the value less than the reference level elevation for "invert elevation". Then add the filter to Visibility Graphics and select the line pattern override I need. Make sure to then apply proper elevation settings for the View Range in the View Properties. See attached images.