PDA

View Full Version : Pull down object snap menu?

robotgrass
2007-08-15, 11:20 PM
Hello, I am running Auto cad 2007 Mechanical, can you tell me where the basic Object Snap pull down menu is?

I am referring to the user selected object snap menu, for example: Draw Line "Tangent" to a Circle...and I want to select "Tangent"

Thank you
Shoukry
Montreal

zoomharis
2007-08-16, 05:46 AM
Hello, I am running Auto cad 2007 Mechanical, can you tell me where the basic Object Snap pull down menu is?
If you run the CUI (depends upon the Acad version) command, you can find it under Shortcut Menus-->Object Snap Cursor Menu.

I am referring to the user selected object snap menu, for example: Draw Line "Tangent" to a Circle...and I want to select "Tangent"

In between the line command, right click and choose Snap Overrides to select the required one.

BrenBren
2007-08-16, 01:31 PM

Thank you
Shoukry
MontrealRight click on a blank space on your toolbar; go to AMPP; it's AM_Power Snap

Spanky
2007-08-16, 04:42 PM
Does the shift right click bring up the menu? I prefer this over any other method of selecting osnaps.

BrenBren
2007-08-16, 04:47 PM
Does the shift right click bring up the menu? I prefer this over any other method of selecting osnaps.That's why there are so many ways to do things in AutoCAD, I used to use the middle button to bring those up, but now use Shift+Right Click, but some people prefer toolbars.

Spanky
2007-08-17, 09:00 PM
That's why there are so many ways to do things in AutoCAD, I used to use the middle button to bring those up, but now use Shift+Right Click, but some people prefer toolbars.
You mean that you can set the middle button (scroll) to bring up the osnaps? That would be cool. I would like to try the mice with like 8 buttons. One for undo, one for move, one for,etc. You know your most popular commands.

robotgrass
2007-08-17, 09:19 PM
Ah yes!
Right shift click, how could i forget, thank you for being patient with even the redundant questions.
Regards
Shoukry

BrenBren
2007-08-17, 11:39 PM
You mean that you can set the middle button (scroll) to bring up the osnaps? That would be cool. I would like to try the mice with like 8 buttons. One for undo, one for move, one for,etc. You know your most popular commands.If you change your MBUTTONPAN system variable, clicking the middle button will bring up the OSNAP menu - however, you lose the ability to pan and zoom with the middle button.

Spanky
2007-08-21, 01:38 PM
If you change your MBUTTONPAN system variable, clicking the middle button will bring up the OSNAP menu - however, you lose the ability to pan and zoom with the middle button.

now you just need one more button. But then pretty soon i'm sure you would be wanting another. But then again whats wrong with having 35 buttons on a mouse?