PDA

View Full Version : Property lines from coordinates list

winnwgomez
2007-08-27, 10:47 AM
Hi

i'm sure someone has the answers to this...

we derive our site plans in AutoCAD from a coordinates list , as attached.
for eg. point 1 is located by using the east and north coordinates( not bearing )

How do i draw these property lines in Revit?

thanks in advance!!

dhurtubise
2007-08-27, 11:28 AM
Go to Site -> Property Lines
Select the create by table option

dpasa
2007-08-27, 11:43 AM
Please explain, I had problems with this too and the help file is,,,

dhurtubise
2007-08-27, 11:48 AM
Enter the points you have in your table into Revit. The east and north coordinates.

bgauthier
2007-08-27, 01:33 PM
I don't understand either how you enter the coordinates from a list like the one you posted

Steve_Stafford
2007-08-27, 07:01 PM
Property table requires distance and bearing so it won't do what you are asking for. What are the units in your table? Looks metric, yet your image shows feet. To sketch it in Revit comes down to knowing where 0,0 is. It is roughly the center of your elevation views (default template).

You can sketch a short model line, then use Tools > Shared Coordinates > Specify Coordinates at a Point to define 0,0 at the endpoint of a line. Once you have that you can sketch other lines to define where each point is located finally sketching a property line from point to point.

or....you could use AutoCAD to sketch the point locations and link that into Revit...

winnwgomez
2007-08-28, 06:46 AM
Thanks Steve

I tired the first method, using the model lines. Once the plot was complete, even after specifying one point correctly, the other coordinates ( from spot dimension ) didnt turn up correctly.

i drew the same plot in ACAD , imported it to Revit, acquired coordinates, and the spot dimensions were right on ! are there any issues that i should look out for in this method?

since we're trying not to use ACAD, i was wondering if the same could be done in Revit completely!

thanks again

Winn

Steve_Stafford
2007-08-29, 04:26 AM
Back to your units, if I could figure out what they were I was thinking of trying myself. If you are dealing with a property that is bigger than two miles (diameter of a circle) that might be contributing to the problem. THIS POST (http://http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=53687) is a really good summary of the issues regarding shared coordinates

winnwgomez
2007-08-29, 05:25 AM
Yes, the coordinates are in meters relative to the world coordinates point 0°,0°.

Eg. 493279.907 metres East, 2785995.481 metres North

But dont you think it would be a good idea to be able to punch in the coordinates as in the coordinate list and have property lines drawn? I tried drawing out the site in Revit , using model lines , angles and circles, and found it a little tough! it wasnt correct too!!

Thanks for you help!

Winn

dpasa
2007-08-29, 07:08 AM
OK,the only solution for X,Y,Z is AutoCAD and then import the dwg.

Alvin_Alejandro
2007-09-28, 07:24 AM
You can draw it in Acad and rotate and move in revit..