PDA

View Full Version : Print Setup Questions and Issues

Tyveka
2007-08-29, 03:52 PM
Good day all,

Need some help resolving a potential challenge...
We just changed out all of our printers in the office. So now, I want to change the Print setup settings to match what we have currently, along with sheet sizes, settings, etc...

Is there one place in one file where I can make the change and then push it out to all of the other users in the office? I'm recreating the template right now, however that doesn't solve the issue of current jobs with those settings.

Thanks in advance for any insight!

An additional issue - we have an 11 x 17 sheet that has shade and shadow elevations and perspectives on them, printing to PDF. The setup is presentation quality, color, raster processing, the PDF is set to 600 dpi. It takes more than an hour to print the sheet. Has anyone else run into this and what can we do to make it print, oh, say, faster - like within 3 - 5 minutes?

Thanks again!

rmejia
2007-08-29, 05:00 PM
The way I would do it is to open the different projects and the template all in the same Revit session and then use the "Transfer Project Standards" - Print Settings, and select all the open projects. Then close and save them all.

For the shadows, do you have Open GL turned on in Revit? That makes the difference from hours to minutes with shadows.

Tyveka
2007-08-29, 06:34 PM
Hi there,
Thanks for the reply!

Yes, OpenGL is turned on for the shadows, still taking forever. We tried several different methods, doesn't work too well.

As for the transferring of project standards, we have over 200 projects. That seems a little tedious for something like that, hence hoping for a way to just update one file on each machine.

Thanks for the suggestions though, I'll continue to investigate this...

eldad
2008-08-06, 04:05 AM
there was a solution to that a while ago that might help until the Factory can look at it:
export your shaded view as a jpeg (high quality and larger pixels) you might have to experiment a little.
import the jpeg onto a drafting view, place on your sheet (if you need to) and print.
I need to test it myself soon :)