PDA

View Full Version : Revision Management with SSM?

kmelchor
2007-09-04, 03:12 PM
Hi,

What are some options for managing revisions when using SSM?

We have a fairly small office of 10 folks or so. Right now, we work in a “working” directory. Completed drawings are COPIED to the “current” directory. Outdated revisions are MOVED from “current” to “old”. I’m using SSM in “working”.

This is fairly simple - you don't have to be a genius to know where the latest drawings are.

Does SSM have some features that would help out with this? Other than purchasing a Document Management System, can anyone suggest anything better?

Thanks,

Kim M.

Rerehou
2007-09-05, 08:14 PM
Within SSM
use the 'Archive' function
cheers

kmelchor
2007-09-07, 03:40 PM
Thanks for the reply, but I only wish it were so simple!

I have a couple hundred drawings, all are being modified and issued daily, and I need to maintain copies of old revs as they are issued.

Kim M.

Chris.N
2007-09-10, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the reply, but I only wish it were so simple!

I have a couple hundred drawings, all are being modified and issued daily, and I need to maintain copies of old revs as they are issued.

Kim M.
you can use the e-transmit function on selected files. it's what i do when only certain sheets change. (same difference, except you can choose the SSM sheet files)

kmelchor
2007-09-10, 02:53 PM
Thank you,

It's pretty much what I was thinking. I guess I was hoping for a magic solution.

Chris.N
2007-09-10, 03:44 PM
Thank you,

It's pretty much what I was thinking. I guess I was hoping for a magic solution.
well, it's more magic than copying files manually. another solution that i've used so i don't have a huge pile of full drawing files, is to DWF the set for progress records...