PDA

View Full Version : File crashed while opening layout page

Detsenira
2007-09-05, 10:54 PM
Is there any one experienced of file not responding or keep crashing after opening a multiple views on the layout page? Possibly draining all available memory causes the file to crash. But what causes draining the memory? Is it due to a low video/graphic adapter? Or available RAM? How come it only happened while opening the layout page?

The mentioned files contain some 3D x-ref from different locations and running Auto-CAD-2007 with system equipped with 2.5 Gigs of RAM and 256m graphic card.

Thanks,

Ted (AutoCAD-2007 user)

Capt. Computer Crasher
2007-09-06, 01:36 PM
Is there any one experienced of files getting stock or crash by opening a layout page with some multiple views? Possibly draining all available memory causes the file to crash. But what causes draining the memory? Is it due to a low video/graphic adapter? Or available RAM? How come it only happened while opening the layout page?

The mentioned files contain some 3D x-ref from different locations and running Auto-CAD-2007 with system equipped with 2.5 Gigs of RAM and 256m graphic card.

Thanks,

Ted (AutoCAD-2007 user)

Try purging the X-ref files to reduce the size. Large files (especially those with x-refs) do have a tendency to crash.

kleenhippie
2007-09-21, 02:25 PM
And running an audit wouldn't hurt. File/Dwg Utilities/Audit, watch command line for error correction prompt.
Might also try dwnloading Superpurge, www.manusoft.com.

christina.mccaffery
2007-10-24, 06:00 PM
Having more RAM and a better video card helped me out ALOT. I have a NVIDIA quardro FX 3500 video card. Ever since we got that upgraded here I haven't had problems when working in 3D.