View Full Version : double click edit is gone

clovis
2007-09-11, 01:41 PM
Hello,
I've lost the possibility to edit a block with the double click
The variables
dblclkedit=on
pickfirst=1
Which variable have I miss to edit a block (refedit) with a double click?
NB I do can edit a text with a double click. The problem occur only with blocks.
Thanks

BrenBren
2007-09-11, 02:25 PM
Hello,
I've lost the possibility to edit a block with the double click
The variables
dblclkedit=on
pickfirst=1
Which variable have I miss to edit a block (refedit) with a double click?
NB I do can edit a text with a double click. The problem occur only with blocks.
Thanks

check in your CUI, under dbl click actions, to see what action is assigned to blocks.

clovis
2007-09-11, 03:52 PM
Hello,
That's odd, I don't have those dbl click in my cui ?!?
I have mechanical 2006
Thanks

BrenBren
2007-09-11, 04:17 PM
Hello,
That's odd, I don't have those dbl click in my cui ?!?
I have mechanical 2006
Thanks

I believe that was a new feature in 07; let me see if I can find a copy of 06 to look at and see if I can figure it out

billy342601
2007-09-11, 06:07 PM
Check under the command "options"; tab "User Preferences"; section "Windows Standard Behavior"; choice "Double Click Editing"

I know the keyboard commands are set right, but sometimes they do not keep that box checked under that tab.

clovis
2007-09-12, 05:48 AM
Hello,
I can't see this option ?!?
Here a pic
Thanks

billy342601
2007-09-12, 03:56 PM
Ok, well then my recollection to the availability of that choice in 2006 is incorrect. I am sorry about that. Autocad must have added it in the 2007 version. That is odd that variables are not working.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Bill

clovis
2007-09-27, 03:12 PM
Hello
The problem was that mys::Startup wasn't append to the main one
Thanks to all

swestbrook
2007-10-10, 02:33 PM
I have a similar problem that I cannot figure out. With ACAD 08 when i double click on an object. text, block, pline etc. it activates the correct command to edit it, however as of a week ago it does not automatically select the object and perform the appropriate command. For example double click on mtext. Mtext edit command activates and i have to reselect text and press enter to edit. It is as if pick first is off but it is not and it recently started doing this where it did not before. I am stumped and help would be much appreciated.