PDA

View Full Version : Time & Date Format

d.stairmand
2007-09-13, 09:01 AM
I have a Title Sheet with a Date Label
It always sets itself up as per the American Date Format - MMDDYY
When placing the date label - ther is no "format or units" option.

How do i change to my local Format - DDMMYY

Dwane Stairmand

ws
2007-09-13, 10:08 AM
Mine seem to format normal UK style - day/month/year

I suspect this is set in Windows Regional settings not in Revit?

dhurtubise
2007-09-13, 10:30 AM
Mine seem to format normal UK style - day/month/year

I suspect this is set in Windows Regional settings not in Revit?

Willim is right, it's based on your Windows settings

tomnewsom
2007-10-31, 03:04 PM
My system settings are for DDMMYY, all set as UK standards, yet my dates still get shown as MMDDYY. I have no idea why, and the problem has persisted since Revit 8 (I'm on RA 2008 now)

ws
2007-10-31, 03:54 PM
Hmm, strange - I've just tried putting a date/time stamp on a title block in a 'clean' demo version of Revit 2008 and the formatting is 31/10/2007 normal UK style.

Looking in Control Panel->Regional Settings there are both language and location to set to UK English or United Kingdom (there is a third place in fact in the Advanced tab for non-Unicode programs but mine says US English and so can't make any difference here ).

In the Regional Options default main tab and Customise button, I have the Date set as short format dd/MM/yyyy and long format as dd MMMM yyyy if that is any help.

cganiere
2008-07-23, 05:54 PM
After looking at the settings, there does not seem to be a way to automatically format the date the way we have done manually.

Is there a way to change the date format to :

JAN 15 2000
JUL 23 2008

???

Hmm, strange - I've just tried putting a date/time stamp on a title block in a 'clean' demo version of Revit 2008 and the formatting is 31/10/2007 normal UK style.

Looking in Control Panel->Regional Settings there are both language and location to set to UK English or United Kingdom (there is a third place in fact in the Advanced tab for non-Unicode programs but mine says US English and so can't make any difference here ).

In the Regional Options default main tab and Customise button, I have the Date set as short format dd/MM/yyyy and long format as dd MMMM yyyy if that is any help.