PDA

View Full Version : createdate field

cadman13
2007-09-13, 12:56 PM
I use a sheet set template and a drawing template to start my drawing sets. I can not get the resultant drawings to represent the createdate field from the date the drawing was created it keeps the createdate that the drawing template was created. I am at a loss as to how to fix this.
I keep thinking that part of my problem is that the template itself does not show a value (####) it shows the date itself. but how to fix it I'm at a loss, I've tried recreating the field but that didn't work.

SRBalliet
2007-09-14, 11:48 AM
If you double click the field and then double click the text, then click outside the mtext box does it fix it?

SRBalliet
2007-09-14, 12:11 PM
Also do you have the system variable "fieldeval" set to 31

cadman13
2007-09-17, 04:34 PM
no it doesn't work and yes my fieldeval is set to 31. one person said it might be a autocad 2007 bug because it worked in 2008 but I"m not sure. I need to get this fixed because it causes great problems with the clients seeing a 2 month old date on their drawings supposed we only started last week.

Chris.N
2007-09-19, 01:05 PM
if the field is embedded in a block, do NOT use anything other than attributes for the field. text and mtext USUALLY only update when they are on their own.