PDA

View Full Version : Tables

somared
2007-09-14, 04:29 PM
Could this be linked to another table, for example a panel schedules link to another table like Distribution Load Schedules.

Capt. Computer Crasher
2007-09-14, 05:06 PM
Could this be linked to another table, for example a panel schedules link to another table like Distribution Load Schedules.

yes you can link tables by placing fields in table cells however at this point in time data has to be numerical (data type, numerical)

somared
2007-09-17, 09:21 PM
I still not getting it, could you show me even a simple example if possible. Thanks a lot.

Capt. Computer Crasher
2007-09-18, 01:04 PM
I still not getting it, could you show me even a simple example if possible. Thanks a lot.

I don't know what program you have. I'm using AutoCAD2007. right click on a cell in the second table>>>>Insert formula>>>cell. Pick the cell inthe first table that you want to link. hit OK on the mtext bar. when you change the first table info, type regen and the second table info will update. as stated before this only works with number type cell (whole number, decimal number). see the example below in 2007 format.

somared
2007-09-18, 10:48 PM
THANKS A LOT MY FRIEND.......

somared
2007-09-18, 11:55 PM
Thanks again Capt. Computer Crasher. It works very well only If all your tables are on the same drawing. Is there a way (aside from making an xref of your tables) to make this work?

Capt. Computer Crasher
2007-09-19, 01:25 PM
Well in AutoCAD 2008, you can data link an Excel Sheet to several sheets and by changing the Excel file you change the table in the drawings. Also, the Data Extractor in 2008 uses .dxe so you may change tables in different sheets by changing the .dxe file.