PDA

View Full Version : Conditional values?

mockdeep
2007-09-21, 02:32 PM
Hey I'm wondering if there is a way to use conditional formulas in AutoCAD 2008. For example I want one cell to take the greater value between two other cells. If F4 is greater than G4 then take F4, otherwise take G4. In excel I know this would look like =IF(F4>G4,F4,G4) but that doesn't work in AutoCAD. Any suggestions?

Capt. Computer Crasher
2007-09-21, 02:51 PM
Hey I'm wondering if there is a way to use conditional formulas in AutoCAD 2008. For example I want one cell to take the greater value between two other cells. If F4 is greater than G4 then take F4, otherwise take G4. In excel I know this would look like =IF(F4>G4,F4,G4) but that doesn't work in AutoCAD. Any suggestions?

At this in time I don't believe it can be done. I have experimented with this and I get "####" which usually means it is not recognized. Only simple formulas at this time. Other have asked about this. It would make good wish list item.

if you have 2008 just data link your Excel sheet to a AutoCAD table (in 2008 these are true tables) then perform the function in Excel and the data link will update the table in AutoCAD.

mockdeep
2007-09-21, 03:05 PM
Oh, well. So much for my hopes of being able to make AutoCAD do all of my thinking for me. The datalink is probably a little excessive for this case where it will only fill four cells anyway. It's not worth the trouble I think of trying to keep track of the excel file as well, especially when the data won't be likely to change. I'll just do it the old fashioned way. Thanks for the quick response, though!

Capt. Computer Crasher
2007-09-21, 04:51 PM
Oh, well. So much for my hopes of being able to make AutoCAD do all of my thinking for me. The datalink is probably a little excessive for this case where it will only fill four cells anyway. It's not worth the trouble I think of trying to keep track of the excel file as well, especially when the data won't be likely to change. I'll just do it the old fashioned way. Thanks for the quick response, though!

You can link individual cells from a sheet

Capt. Computer Crasher
2007-09-21, 05:37 PM

Since you are about the 4th or 5th person to ask me about this. I have submitted it as a wishlist item.

mockdeep
2007-09-21, 07:30 PM
Sorry, I did try a search but I guess I didn't use the right key words.

Capt. Computer Crasher
2007-09-21, 07:57 PM
they were in other forums but I think it will make a great wishlist item.