PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting parcels created with polylines.

jbbarrus
2007-09-25, 04:28 PM
I am attaching 2 screen caps that show an original Right of Way for an original design for a culdesac and a modified culdesac design. The original right of way parcel was created from a polyline. The city is making us increase the culdesac radius, which forces us to shorten the length of the road in order to meet minimum lot depth requirements.

I thought that I would be able to use a new polyline for the culdesac ROW and then just merge parcels. The problem I am having is that when I merge the parcels, (numbered 210, 228 and 229) with the existing lots the areas change, labels update, etc., but the north line of the old culdesac remains visible and I can't delete it. It is like it is still a part of the original road parcel, or that the road parcel was not affected by the parcel creation/division.

Any help? I have not had much luck getting any responses lately, so I really do appreciate any response.

Thanks,

John Barrus

brian.hailey933139
2007-09-26, 02:51 PM
I've never had much luck with the parcel merge tools and I definitely would use them in this situation. I would delete my old row line and then define the new row line in the site. You'll need to adjust your lot lines accordingly.

sinc
2007-09-27, 07:37 PM
Can't tell from your post - did you try the "Delete Subentity" parcel tool?

Go to Parcel->Edit Parcel->Edit Parcel Segments, and find the "Delete Subentity" tool on the toolbar - it's the one with the red "X".