PDA

View Full Version : Hydrology and Hydraulics

civil3d.wishlist1941
2007-10-01, 04:53 PM
Summary: I would like to see the hydraulic design module (improved from LDD) back into the program that will allow storm sewer design and detention pond design.

Description: I would like to see the hydraulic design module (improved from LDD) back into the program that will allow storm sewer design and detnetion pond design. The results could then be used with the current pond grading features and pipe tools to layout the pond and storm sewer design.

How Used: Design Storm sewers and detention ponds all with one program.

Feature Affinity: Pipes

Submitted By: Rick Carle on August 23, 2007

jstowell
2007-10-01, 08:10 PM
I think it would be great to include Sanitary Sewer modeling too.

jpaulsen
2007-10-05, 02:47 PM
The ability to define a catchment area by picked point.

This command would allow me to select a point(s), for example catchbasins around my site and have the program tell me what drain's to that point based on a finished grade surface. You would have to be able to select multiple locations at once to correctly determine catchment area because the upstream catchbasin would serve as a cutoff point for the downstream catchbasins. If only one point was selected it would show overland flow route as everything upstream from that point would be included in the area.

(Submitted by: Mike Smith)

jpaulsen
2007-10-05, 02:49 PM
I would like to be able to calculate storm pipe quantities.

I use the storm pipe calculations to size the pipe very often. I would like to stay in Civil 3D.

(Submitted by: Derek Miller)