PDA

View Full Version : Drawing crashing at 9 tables

charlie.bauer341340
2007-10-05, 07:13 PM
We Acad 2008 and we have several drawings that are going to contain in excess of 9 tabs each will contain a table linked through the data manager to separate excel files, but when we try to insert the 9 table it causes the drawing to crash. Is there a limit to the number of entries in the data manager or the number of tables in a file, or is there a new setting that controls the number of tables in a drawing file.

Thanks in advance for your help.

jmctamney
2007-10-05, 07:42 PM
Why so many tables?

Capt. Computer Crasher
2007-10-05, 07:47 PM
We Acad 2008 and we have several drawings that are going to contain in excess of 9 tabs each will contain a table linked through the data manager to separate excel files, but when we try to insert the 9 table it causes the drawing to crash. Is there a limit to the number of entries in the data manager or the number of tables in a file, or is there a new setting that controls the number of tables in a drawing file.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I don't believe there is a limit to tables. I tried an experiment in 2008 and I got up to 15 linked Excel tables and it never did crash. It sounds to me that your files may just be so huge it can't handle any more data. 2008 data link takes time to work anyway, but if you have a large file its probably causing the crash. trying purging your file or auditing it for errors.

matthew.monid
2008-12-16, 08:34 PM
Exact same problem here... I created a 9 simple spreadsheets to try and replicate a problem one of our users had, and sure enough, after the 9th link is created, AutoCAD crashes.

Has anybody got around this issue?

Thanks,

Matt

charlie.bauer341340
2008-12-16, 08:40 PM
our work around was to put the spreadsheets in individual drawings and xref them into the original drawing. Autodesk said the problem was deep in the programing and has promised that is has been fixed in 2009, I have not had an opportunity to verify this yet.

matthew.monid
2008-12-16, 08:50 PM
our work around was to put the spreadsheets in individual drawings and xref them into the original drawing. Autodesk said the problem was deep in the programing and has promised that is has been fixed in 2009, I have not had an opportunity to verify this yet.

Thanks for the quick reply! I will suggest the xref'ing method you mentioned to the user.

Matt

Joe.Tonge
2009-09-18, 09:52 PM
I have noticed this same problem. AutoCAD crashes at 9 linked schedules when linked into AutoCAD table format (not linked OLE). Thanks for the workaround, even though it seems a bit cumbersome and SHOULDN"T be necessary.