PDA

View Full Version : Preset 3D Views in relation to Current UCS

Masroor Javid
2007-10-08, 03:28 PM
Description: To be able to produce the Preset 3D Views either standard orthographic views or isometric, in relation to the current UCS.

USE: Preset 3D Views are usually in relation to the World UCS by default. In cases where for one or the other reason we are working in another UCS, using the Preset 3D Views producess a rather strange and not easy to use view.
For example in case the topographic DWG of the land is used as a base for the building designed in ACA or ACAD, it is most useful to keep the World UCS of the topography accurate and create a new UCS for the building so that the relation of the building to the real site is preserved and auditable. In such a case when using the Preset 3D Views the projection angle is in accordance to the World UCS making it practically more difficult to produce isometric or orthographic views (in relation to the building UCS and not World) fast and accurate.

stelthorst
2007-10-08, 03:59 PM
Description: To be able to produce the Preset 3D Views either standard orthographic views or isometric, in relation to the current UCS.

USE: Preset 3D Views are usually in relation to the World UCS by default. In cases where for one or the other reason we are working in another UCS, using the Preset 3D Views producess a rather strange and not easy to use view.
For example in case the topographic DWG of the land is used as a base for the building designed in ACA or ACAD, it is most useful to keep the World UCS of the topography accurate and create a new UCS for the building so that the relation of the building to the real site is preserved and auditable. In such a case when using the Preset 3D Views the projection angle is in accordance to the World UCS making it practically more difficult to produce isometric or orthographic views (in relation to the building UCS and not World) fast and accurate.

Hi Masroor,

If I understand your post correctly I think you can already do this. Try going to VIEW - Named Views - Preset Views and select one of the preset views. If you change the value of "Set Relative to " to your UCS then all preset views will work in relation with your UCS and not the WCS.

I hope I didn't completely missed what your post was trying to accomplish.

Masroor Javid
2007-10-09, 07:13 AM
Thanks "stelthorst", I had forgotten this possibility it seems. Thanks.