PDA

View Full Version : incorrect elevation on surface?

madmacs69
2007-10-10, 10:03 PM
software Civil 3d 2008

I have a section of a larger dwg which i am trying to make 2 tin files from (existing and proposed)

the dwg sent to me was in architectural units rather than decimal so the contours showed up as 50' not 600' and lengths measured 1/12 of what they should.

I used UNITS to chenge to decimal and everything appeared to scale correctly.

created the surfaces, created an alignment, a created profile, and then used profile view to create a viewable profile in the dwg and it comes out at the previous elevations (i.e. 48' ish)

used the co-ordinate tracing tool to check the ground levels... 600'

as the mouse tracked across though i noted that the cursor was picking up Z values that were still 1/12 of what they should be.

At the moment my next step is to try taking all the information into a new decimal dwg file and trying again, but i hate giving in to it when its probably a simple thing im missing...

any ideas?

and of course it should have been elevation in the title... :(

MHultgren
2007-10-10, 11:04 PM
Have you tried creating a NEW drawing with the units set correctly and then INSERTING the Architectural file into it with the Adjust elevations toggle on? Just make sure that the ARCH file is still set to INSUNITS = inches and the new one is in Feet

madmacs69
2007-10-17, 05:11 PM
well i ended up doing a copy all and then a paste into the other dwg, which is a bit of a cop out but at least worked.

dbutler.144607
2007-10-22, 12:00 PM
there is no such thing as a cop out. there is just getting the job done.