PDA

View Full Version : Need Stratigy Advice on model.

coondog45
2007-10-16, 07:26 PM
Hi Gang,
I am currently trying to make a surface model of a previously-designed intersection.
I basically have all the coordinate and curve information I need to lay out the Islands and travelways. What I am struggling with is how is the best way to fill in the gore and misc. areas with a pave surface? The intersection is basicly a superelavated three-legged dog
with angular conections. First i established the travelways with corridors then tried to create the gore area surfaces with breaklines derived from the travelway elevations. It worked partially until I got all mixed up with surfaces including the Island curbs.
I think I might use a marked point link with the marked point on the outside face of a curb assembly I will use on a seperate Island alignment. Does this sound feasable, The Islands are triangular and I might have to breac up thier alignment in pieces to use as offset assemblys for different roadway alignments. Any Ideas will be greatly appreciated.
This is a great brain-twister and I am enjoying the challenge.
Coon3Dog

coondog45
2007-10-23, 04:55 PM
To answer my own question. Using the link to marked point and placing a marked point on the face of the curb works very well. I learned ,through trial and error, that you have to put the link to marked point on the offset member of the assembly. I guess the parent assembly is drawn first thereby creating the marked points for the link assembly to see and grab.
John C

sinc
2007-10-26, 10:18 PM
Subassemblies are processed in the order they are listed on the Assembly->Properties, Construction tab.

When using Mark Points, the Mark Point subassembly must be higher in the list than the subassembly that references the Mark Point. You can change this order to some extent, although I'm just now noticing that it seems to be impossible to adjust the order of Offset Assemblies after they are created...?