PDA

View Full Version : Tags and dependent views

gregkenner
2007-10-22, 09:02 PM
We have a problem. When we try to place a tag in a dependent plan view and then try to move the tag Revit has a fatal error. After some testing, I have discoverd that if I tag something (in our case casework) in the overall view it seems to work ok. If i leave the overall view open then I can tag in the dependent view. As soon as I close the overall view and try to move a tag in the dependent view I get a fatal error again.

Has any one else experienced this problem and have an explanation. Obviously we have found a work around, but it is a real pain.

Greg

dhurtubise
2007-10-22, 09:11 PM
Can't reproduce here. Try open then audit. If it doesn;t fix it send it to support.

gregkenner
2007-10-22, 09:15 PM
As I continue to search for causes, I am able to duplicate in a new file. I drew 4 walls and put a desk in the middle. Created a dependent view and closed the over plan view. Tagged the desk and crashed revit.

bbeck
2007-10-22, 09:49 PM
I've seen this issue with Dependant Views. I sent a file off to Factory along with the journals and screen captures. They spent a few days testing, asked for more information, then got back to me. See Below....

"Autodesk Subscription

Hi Brian,

I took a look at the issue that you are describing, and I think it is related to an issue that has been identified where Revit where it will tend to crash when editing or tagging objects in dependent views. If this turns out to be the issue, the current workaround is to make sure that the main view is opened as well as the depend view so the issue won't occur. I would also like to confirm if this is the issue your are having as well, if it occurs again, and if you get a chance to submit an error report, if you could please provide the email that you have entered so I can take a look at the report to isolate the issue further.

Please let me know if you have any questions, or if can reproduce the issue when having the main view open.

Best Regards,

Rami Harb
Autodesk Support Team "

I would send your file off to Factory/Support and let them have a look. Sounds like the same issue.

hermeytheelf
2007-11-14, 12:31 AM
I have a client that is experiencing the same problems. Tagging and Keynoting in a Dependent View. Has there been a fix for this from Rami Harb or someone else with Autodesk support? Has the new build solved this problem? The client currently is on 2008.0.0 build so I recommend that he get the new build and only tag while in the parent view for now.

Dwane Lindsey
2007-11-14, 02:23 PM
I also had a client with this same issue... sent ADesk the Revit file and journal file, and they were able to reproduce the problem. The latest build (20070810) does not solve the problem. The response I received from support was that it was being looked at by the development team for a future release.