PDA

View Full Version : Change Associated Level?

Matthew Stuver
2007-10-25, 01:49 PM
I have a quick question.

Is it possible to change the associated level under element properties for a floor plan?

Heres a little story... In our linked architect file there are three levels that could be considered first floor. I have "first floor, 01floor, and top of slab" Also there are two 01floor in the file. One is at the correct 100' elevation and the other is off 1' - 5-7/16" below that. So everything is off.

I have placed a support request, uploaded the file to the Autodesk ftp site, so I figured that they are looking into it? Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks,

Steve_Stafford
2007-10-25, 05:46 PM
A view cannot be reassociated with another level.

Make a new view assigned to the correct level (View Menu > New > Floor or Ceiling Plan or use the View Design Bar). The others can be deleted. If you need to keep any annotation in one of the views you want to discard you can cut them to clipboard and then paste them in to the good view. As long as they are not referencing elements that won't be visible in the good view.

Matthew Stuver
2007-10-25, 06:46 PM
Thanks Steve!

dcaimbeul238979
2013-12-30, 03:27 PM
I wished you could. I created a 1"=30' view of the Basement Level with the Scope Box cropped perfectly and hid certain elements. I hate that I have to do that again for 5 more floors when I could just copy the view and change the level. Maybe there is a way and I'm just too new.

Steve_Stafford
2013-12-30, 07:59 PM
It's called a View Template. After adjusting the view, Right Click on the view name in the project browser, choose Create View Template from View. Create the new views you need, and then apply the view template. Same result, different steps.