PDA

View Full Version : Help with Annotative Text & Older ACAD Versions...

jharter
2007-10-25, 02:10 PM
So... Company X which i work for has a mixed bag of AutoCad LT Versions,(sweet) mostly 05's some 08's... people are complaining to me that they are unable to work with text, leaders, dimensions that i have created in my 08 version, on thier 05 version. Am i missing a way to get around using the annotative feature? i relearned ACAD on 08 after years with Microstation- i am not very familiar with how these things work in autocad- sorry i also tried to search the topic but didnt find exactly this. am i missing the obvious and that its really a versions compatability issue? i would like some help before i respond and say either oops my bad or buzz off go upgrade- thanks!
btw- it would be GREAT if things like text, leaders, hatches, line types looked congruent across workspaces- kind of a what you see is what you get... no scaling or guess work bs-

kleenhippie
2007-10-28, 06:54 PM
Look for a check box in Options, Open and Save tab, under the Save as: drop down box. I think you want to have that checked and also make sure that you are saving back to AutoCAD 2004/LT2004 in that drop down.
I just happened to see this this morning.

Jack Cheong
2007-11-08, 01:36 PM
When you save AutoCAD 2008's drawing to the previous version, AutoCAD creates copies of the Annotative objects and place them on layers, which AutoCAD generates for each Annotative scale.
Example:
<LayerName> @1: Annotative objects scale at 1:1
<LayerName> @10: Annotative objects scale at 1:10
<LayerName> @20: Annotative objects scale at 1:20

Jack Cheong

darthyoga
2007-11-09, 09:39 PM
Or you can save a whole mess of time and frustration by using model/space paperspace and using CHSPACE to throw all annotations back through the view port at the correct scale every time.
Annotative text also gets messed up when you try to text mask it as well.
(sorry if this sounds bitter but is realy a hassle lately)

Jim Thompson
2007-12-04, 08:01 PM
So... Company X which i work for has a mixed bag of AutoCad LT Versions,(sweet) mostly 05's some 08's... people are complaining to me that they are unable to work with text, leaders, dimensions that i have created in my 08 version, on thier 05 version. Am i missing a way to get around using the annotative feature? i relearned ACAD on 08 after years with Microstation- i am not very familiar with how these things work in autocad- sorry i also tried to search the topic but didnt find exactly this. am i missing the obvious and that its really a versions compatability issue? i would like some help before i respond and say either oops my bad or buzz off go upgrade- thanks!

Basically if you're working together and have to collaborate in-house I'd make the case to upgrade everyone. The annotative scaling is new to 2008 so it's going to be an issue beyond the fact that between 2005 and 2006 there were a lot of changes that got changed permanently. Menu systems is the big one, but there are others.

Anyway, if it were me, I would either upgrade everyone or chuck the annotative features until the time comes to upgrade everyone; if for no other reason than preservation of my own sanity (being CAD admin). It's a standards nightmare.

But yeah, they won't be able to see your stuff properly.

btw- it would be GREAT if things like text, leaders, hatches, line types looked congruent across workspaces- kind of a what you see is what you get... no scaling or guess work bs-

What do you mean?