PDA

View Full Version : Superimposed profiles - C3D 2007

tcapmusic
2007-10-25, 06:59 PM
I am attempting to add a proposed ditch profile to a profile view that has the existing and proposed pavement profiles in it. When you superimposed the ditch profile, does it take in account the present stationing of the target profile and alignment? Also, is there a way to superimpose a profile at a different datum (5 feet below) without actually changing the database information? We have both of these profiles on separate sheets and we were trying to make it look like normal road plans that have all of the profiles in the same view, but another issue is the ditch alignment is not parallel to the pavement alignment and the ditch profile has its own stationing. It would be appreciated if those of you that work on road/highway/airport projects could give me some ideas on what you do for your plan and profile sheets (without giving away trade secrets) that would be appreciated. I know in the C3D 2008 plan and profile creation method has been upgraded and I will be dealing with that within the next few months. Thank you in advance for your replies

jpaulsen
2007-10-26, 06:32 PM
When you superimpose a profile onto another it samples the elevations of the source profile perpendicular to the target alignment. In other words it superimposes elevations of the source profile on to the target profile view using the stationing of the target alignment.

tcapmusic
2007-10-29, 01:15 PM
Thank you very much for your reply. I was also told by others in my company that I would have to make a copy of the current ditch profile and lower the datum of the copied profile in order to have it display where I need it to on the plans. Thanks again AUGI folks for your help.

Gaster Firrie