PDA

View Full Version : Adding sheets to the ACA2008 Project Navigator Error

Marv Muston
2007-10-30, 02:06 PM
Good morning.

I am having a weird issue with the ACA2008 Project Navigator.

I have some folks trying to add a sheet to the navigator and they get this error message"

"The layout you are trying to import is not saved. Please save the drawing and try again."

What they did was: Opened a sheet drawing, right-click on the navigator subset, click on "import current layout as a sheet"......that's when they get the error.
The same results happened when we just right-clicked and clicked on "import layout as sheet" and browsed to the correct sheet drawing.

Anybody know a possible solution to this please?

Thanks!
Marv
:beer::beer:

Steve_Bennett
2007-10-30, 07:23 PM
Please note I have moved this from the ACA 2008 General forum to the Project Navigator (PN) forum.

Steve_Bennett
2007-10-30, 07:25 PM
I would try opening the dwg with the desired Layout tab, click on the layout tab and save/close the file. If the layout has never been activated then it will not allow import (I think...).

Marv Muston
2007-10-30, 08:50 PM
I would try opening the dwg with the desired Layout tab, click on the layout tab and save/close the file. If the layout has never been activated then it will not allow import (I think...).

Well....I tried that and other variations and it still didn't work. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Marv

:beer:

Marv Muston
2007-10-31, 01:30 PM
I got this figured out guys.
Thanks a lot for your input!

AUGI-AUGI-AUGI

Marv

Steve_Bennett
2007-11-03, 02:46 AM
No problem! What did you determine to be the cause of the error?

Marv Muston
2007-11-05, 12:14 PM
No problem! What did you determine to be the cause of the error?

The sheetset path didn't get repathed to the project folder. It was still reading back to the read-only template folder where I store the sheet templates. That's why it worked for me, but nobody else.

I appreciate everyone's input!

This is what AUGI is all about folks........

Have a great week!
Marv

Steve_Bennett
2007-11-06, 07:54 AM
Thanks! That would have been something I'd miss without looking at the actual file. Thanks for posting what it was! :beer: