PDA

View Full Version : Mleader Attributes

jimmytadams
2007-11-01, 09:50 PM
Try this one:

Create an MLeaderStyle that uses a block as the content. Make the style current and insert an MLeader. When it comes up with the attribute editor box, delete the value. Now, click okay.

Is is just me or is it now impossible to edit that value again?

CADDmanVA
2007-11-02, 01:07 AM
I don't use blocks as my anno's that often but... What about using DDEDIT on the block or double-clicking it?

jimmytadams
2007-11-05, 09:15 PM
DDEDIT works, but not the dbl-click. Trouble is, that is what my users want. I have not customized a dbl-click yet. I guess that is my next move.

CADDmanVA
2007-11-07, 03:20 AM
DDEDIT works, but not the dbl-click. Trouble is, that is what my users want. I have not customized a dbl-click yet. I guess that is my next move.

Hmm...you could modify the CUI to use DDEDIT when double-clicking blocks. The only problem there is you would be disabling the default action of BEDIT, which I find more useful, but to each his own.

jimmytadams
2007-11-07, 08:36 PM
Actually, I modified the dbl-click on the mleader. It worked great. The default was properties, but that is worthless. There was no affect on the block dbl-click.

CADDmanVA
2007-11-08, 03:05 AM
Actually, I modified the dbl-click on the mleader. It worked great. The default was properties, but that is worthless. There was no affect on the block dbl-click.

Oh...you mean changing something for one object doesn't change it for others...perhaps I should think more before I speak sometimes :Oops:

Great to hear it's working out better for you now!

cadman_meg
2007-11-18, 11:09 AM
I was just thinking and realized as well a couple of days ago that you can not use attribute edit on those blocks. You have to double click. This is if you actually populate the block. Anyone know why this is? I mean, it is an attributed block isn't it?

Also, while we are discussing this, how do I add additional 'default' blocks? You know by default you got slot, circle, hex, box, etc... I know I can use custom, and that block has to be already inserted into the dwg., but I was curious where the location is and what is needed to modify the defaults to add more? Is there also a way to edit the default blocks?

And lastly, If you are using mleaders with the blocks as keynote callouts in a block, and then you have a ton of text with correlating block numbering, so a hexed '3' pointing to a symbol calling out a manhole with notes describing that manhole in which the manhole description also has a hex block next to the note itself as well, is there anyway to link this? I mean, if that hex 3 block now changes to 5, that it will also update in the other location? I hope that is clear as right now I am not sure how else to describe it.

Hope you don't mind me adding more to the thread as I felt these questions and concerns were related. Hopefully some of you already have found these answers and can share. Thanks much.

ededios
2007-12-12, 05:15 PM
Hi cadman_meg,

Could you explain this part differently, or maybe show images of what you mean? I can't help with the other questions, but I think I might with this one, since I'm also using blocks with my MLeaders.

And lastly, If you are using mleaders with the blocks as keynote callouts in a block, and then you have a ton of text with correlating block numbering, so a hexed '3' pointing to a symbol calling out a manhole with notes describing that manhole in which the manhole description also has a hex block next to the note itself as well, is there anyway to link this? I mean, if that hex 3 block now changes to 5, that it will also update in the other location? I hope that is clear as right now I am not sure how else to describe it.

DBill2508
2007-12-12, 08:29 PM
If I understand Meg correctly, she is wanting to label a structure with a simple hexagon call out with the number 3 in the hexagon. Then somewhere on that sheet will be a description of the Hexagon 3 (Legend) and was wondering if there was a way to update the legend key at the same time as the str. call out should that number happen to change (always seems to).

Hopefully I got this right Meg?

Not sure if this would be possible. Maybe through some fields, but uncertain if even that would be possible.