PDA

View Full Version : Custom "Part Type" for a mvpart

buzz
2007-11-08, 10:03 PM
Does anyone know of a way to create a (or modify the settings of an existing) Part type?

I click on Menu > CAD Manager > Content Editing > Content Building
Then I click on "Mechanical" and then click on the "New Block Part" button
Then I enter the Part Name and Description

Then I am to choose a Part Type, Layer Key, and Subtype (see attached screen shot)

I tried using the Catalog Editor to create a new Chapter, but it does not show up in the pull down...

-Buzz

buzz
2007-11-09, 10:45 PM
:Oops: Ok so I think I might be an idiot here...

From the screen shot there is an option for selecting "Custom" from that Part Type pulldown - is that what I want to choose or is there another way?

-Buzz

stelthorst
2007-11-10, 01:16 AM
:Oops: Ok so I think I might be an idiot here...

From the screen shot there is an option for selecting "Custom" from that Part Type pulldown - is that what I want to choose or is there another way?

-Buzz

Hi Buzz,

I did a little research on this last night and I think the "Custom" option is your only option. I did a search for the word "boiler" in Windows Explorer hoping to find a file that might contain the list of available options so that I could edit/add to the list but my search produced no files that contained this list.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

buzz
2007-11-10, 05:14 AM
Hey Scott,

I think you are right. The Help topics say that the Part Type is meant to define "charactoristics and behaviors" for the part (like flow). It also says that they are predefined by the application and cannot be modified.

Bummer...

Thanks though
-Buzz