PDA

View Full Version : A valid license could not be obtained ...

rpurcell
2007-11-13, 02:32 PM
Has anyone seen the particular error using AutoCAD Architecture 2008 running across a Windows network? The exact error code is 1.5.-33. This does not happen everytime AutoCAD is started just sometimes.
It happens on a machine that is being used as a plot server that may have to open and close 100-200 drawings one after another. Some days it will do this without error then others it will stop maybe once with the error listed above. I click OK and AutoCAD continues without an issue. 2005 never had this issue.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

cadtag
2007-11-13, 07:56 PM
I'm presuming you're running a network license, correct? If that's the case, what does the NLM report for licenses in use and licenses available when this happens?

rpurcell
2007-11-19, 03:32 PM
The license manager log looks normal.
What seems to be the issue is that I have both 2005 running as well as 2008 on the license manager. What seems to happen is when the 2008 machines, which is only 2, try and open files to plot first thing in the morning while users of 2005 start logging in, the error happens. The only times have been first thing in the morning and sometimes after lunch. It has something to do with multiple simultaneous logins of AutoCAD but this never happened when using 2005 exclusively.