PDA

View Full Version : multi leader style

jkipfer
2007-11-13, 06:01 PM
I am trying to insert/import a multi leader style defined in my template.dwt.
I would have thought I could drag and drop from the design center like I do for text styles, dimension styles etc. It doesn't appear to be an option.

I could set up a toolpalette for this, but it's just another thing to do.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jason

CADDmanVA
2007-11-14, 04:39 AM
Funny you mentioned this. I had just added a few new Mleader styles to my templates this afternoon. The best way to do this is to use a Copy Clip (Ctrl+C then Ctrl+V) from one drawing into the template. After you erase the Mleader drug across for the ride, the style will be embedded.

jkipfer
2007-11-14, 12:37 PM
I've set up my mleaders as tools on our company palette. I can start a blank drawing and when I drag in an mleader, it also brings in the style. This is good, but what I don't understand, is why I can't do the same for text or dimensions. If I want to bring in a dimension style, I need to do it from the design center, but for some reason, the mleader styles have been left out of the design center. It makes no sense.

Jason

ededios
2007-12-12, 05:02 PM
I want to bring in a dimension style, I need to do it from the design center, but for some reason, the mleader styles have been left out of the design center. It makes no sense. Jason

I noticed that also when creating my template, I think Autodesk missed (or wasn't) updating design center to include this, I have to think this will be updated. It's stupid for it not to be.
I'm glad to know I can add it to the Tool Palettes, I've included them in my template also.

The best way to do this is to use a Copy Clip (Ctrl+C then Ctrl+V) from one drawing into the template. After you erase the Mleader drug across for the ride, the style will be embedded. CADDmanVA
I mistakenly found out I don't have to Copy Clip anymore, I can select what I want in one drawing, and then drag it into another! I was so happy!

CADDmanVA
2007-12-13, 12:06 AM
I mistakenly found out I don't have to Copy Clip anymore, I can select what I want in one drawing, and then drag it into another! I was so happy!

As in drag-n-drop between two open drawings??? :shock: SWEET!

KGC
2007-12-14, 04:24 PM
yeah i noticed that too, when mleader wasnt in the standards checker.