PDA

View Full Version : Utilizing Corridor for total surface.

smatt
2007-11-15, 10:00 PM
I am new to Civil 3D so I may not use the correct terminology. I and am working on my first site design. I have modeled the main loop road with a cooridor and coridor surface. Now I would like to tweak a few of the transitions "by hand" with grading features and also do the interior of the loop road with grading features. What is the best way to start a new drawing and "import" the corridor. I assume that this will be by utilizing feature line somehow, but I can't quite figure it out. I would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

brian.hailey933139
2007-11-15, 11:52 PM
You should be able to simply add your feature lines to the surface the corridor created.

jpaulsen
2007-11-16, 08:06 PM
I don't have C3D in front of me right now but there is a way to extract feature lines from the corridor. You can then copy and paste the feature lines into a new drawing.

brian.hailey933139
2007-11-16, 09:44 PM
Just to add to what Jeff said, if you do that, realize you have lost the dynamic link to your corridor. If the corridor changes, you'll have to re-extract the feature lines.

smatt
2007-11-20, 04:02 PM
I guess that will do...how do most of you do your site designs especially parking lots, etc?

brainman1000
2007-12-05, 05:08 PM
You could create a new drawing with a composite surface that has the corridor surface referenced into it. You then paste the corridor surface onto the composite surface and edit the composite surface with feature lines to fine tune it. This way you can retain the corridor surface just in case it changes in the future.

smatt
2008-01-02, 10:32 PM
Thanks for the input. I will see how it goes!