PDA

View Full Version : UI issues.

fsstudio
2007-11-19, 09:48 PM
The basics:
I have Revit Architectural 2008, run on an HP Laptop and use an extra monitor.

The issue I have is with the context sensitive Options Bar that responds according to the current menu/tool selection. When the options appear, each sub part of the available options appears on its own line in the UI. i.e. it's as if each was a separate toolbar, and for some insane reason each one was stacked under the other.

The issues are:

First : This eats up valuable screen real estate, for which I have purcha$$$ed this other monitor...

Secondly and most importantly, each time the options pop up or change, the emergence of the additional toolbar rows shifts the drawing window and project browser down by however many rows were added. And back again on end of command. It is virtually impossible to double click anything, because by the time the second click comes around, the clickee has left the building, so to speak.

This is more than annoying, it breaks my workflow and makes using the program a nightmare.

I watched one of the Autodesk tutorials, and the screen shot shows the options kindly behaving themselves and staying on one line as they should. The selectable toolbars can be moved as they should, but the options items are locked. Cannot get a handle.

Does anyone, please anyone, have any idea why this would be happening? Anyone else ever have this happen?

thanks..

truevis
2007-11-20, 05:02 AM
Do you have the latest build? I saw something like that with 1600x1200 on one of the early builds of RAC 2008.