PDA

View Full Version : Metes and Bounds to show North Azimuths?

earlcenac
2007-11-22, 04:36 AM
I would like to have all my reports show my course directions as North Azimuths instead of Bearings.

I have searched and cannot seem to find how to do this? I have every other direction showing as North Azimuths except the reports.

Can anyone help me?

CADDmanVA
2007-11-22, 05:11 AM
Without some beefy LISP routine writing, I don't think this will happen. I'm assuming you're using vanilla AutoCAD. You're best bet is to migrate to a vertical like Civil 3D or Land Desktop to do higher-end survey work.

Capt. Computer Crasher
2007-11-26, 02:55 PM
he would have to be using Land desktop or Civil 3D to get a report. I don't think Vanilla AutoCAD gives reports short of the LIST command.

earlcenac
2007-12-01, 03:16 AM
Without some beefy LISP routine writing, I don't think this will happen. I'm assuming you're using vanilla AutoCAD. You're best bet is to migrate to a vertical like Civil 3D or Land Desktop to do higher-end survey work.

I am using Civil3D 2008.

Earl Cenac

CADDmanVA
2007-12-01, 03:00 PM
I am using Civil3D 2008.

Earl Cenac

Buried somewhere in there you should have the ability to do this then. You could try posting this message, or a link to it, in the C3D forum too.

Capt. Computer Crasher
2007-12-01, 06:11 PM
I am using Civil3D 2008.

Earl Cenac

I will have to manipulate the .xml files to do this. I don't have access to C3D for the moment, so I can't talk you through it, but basicly you have to edit the macro for writing the report. You have to designate North Azimuths instead of Metes and Bounds.This how it is designed.