PDA

View Full Version : Sloping Walls in ADT

kwestlake
2007-11-22, 10:49 AM
I have just started using AutoCAD Architecture 2008 from using AutoCAD 2004 (a bit leap) and have been thrown in the deep end on my first project. I have a wall that slopes outwards (in effect each floor is overhanging each other) over 8 storeys and I am having difficulty in finding a command that allows me to do this.

Any help is gratefully recieved.

Kate

H-Angus
2007-11-22, 11:22 AM
I have just started using AutoCAD Architecture 2008 from using AutoCAD 2004 (a bit leap) and have been thrown in the deep end on my first project. I have a wall that slopes outwards (in effect each floor is overhanging each other) over 8 storeys and I am having difficulty in finding a command that allows me to do this.

Any help is gratefully recieved.

Kate

Unfortunately ACA doesn't do too well at this. The best results that I have been able to produce is by creating a profile and applying it to the wall as a sweep, complications can occur in multi component walls needing multiple sweeps. Also inserting windows/doors etc on a slope isn't easily done.

Other suggestions I've heard but not tried is to use mass elements converted to walls, or rotating the UCS (never really understood that one though:| ).

kwestlake
2007-11-22, 12:19 PM
Thank you Steve. I will struggle "man"-fully on. ;)

Kate