PDA

View Full Version : 'Purge' option in "Synchronize Drawing with Project Standards" Dialogue Box

mdipiro
2007-11-26, 07:09 PM
Summary: Allow an option under the "Action" heading of the "Synchronize Drawing with Project Standards" Dialogue Box to purge a specific object type upon entering/exiting a drawing.

Description: The user would have the ability to purge a certain style or definition instead of trying to coordinate the version with the project standard. For example, If I am no longer using a certain Device Style on a project and remove it from the standard file, the next time I open a Construct the "Synchronize Drawing with Project Standards" Dialogue Box would allow me to purge the now unused style from the Construct without having to use style manager to do so. It would also serve as a quick reminder, as unused Object Types can become quite numerous and cause problems within a drawing file.

How Used: This would allow the designer a quick and easy way to purge styles or definitions that don't match (or aren't included in) the standard file and would keep all of the styles in a drawing accurate according to the standard.

Feature Affinity: Standards