PDA

View Full Version : line weights...annotations

ntnik
2007-11-27, 03:30 PM
i have reviewed several posts, none speak directly to my question....

how do i beef up callout annotation? i walked through "users guide" and i see the 16 options and variety of line weights. I can not tell what line weight the callout is set to ( I looked at properties of the call out and all i see in a scale - greyed out 1:32)

in the box of "16 options" i change No. 1 and that seems to affect all of my annotation line weights globaly. I would prefer to change the lineweight by assigning it a number (1 of the 16), seems like i would do that in the element properties box.

what is it i'm not seeing regarding this relationship?

another question...is there a spell check on here?

tim.101799
2007-11-27, 06:12 PM
Go to the 'Settings' pull down menu and choose 'Object Styles' (or type 'OS'). once inside of the 'Object Styles' dialog box pick the 'Annotation Objects' tab at the top of the dialog box. From here you can change the pen / lineweight of any of your annotations. For section marks you will have to change several settings in the annotation tab to get the look you want. The callout head, section mark and section line are all controlled seprately.

There is a spell check. Under the 'Tools' pulldown menu.

lhanyok
2007-11-27, 09:27 PM
There is a spell check. Under the 'Tools' pulldown menu.

One note about the spell check - it will only check the spelling of text, not parameter values within tags.

johk
2007-12-06, 11:50 AM
Am I missing something here. Are there no way to "attach or link" the text in a tag to a specific line weight? If I change say the Curtain Panel Tag (under Object Styles/ Annotation) it only change the Line work in that tag not the text. And as mentioned previously the Line weight that can be changed when creating a text object is only for the leaders not for the text it self.
The font we are using is Simplex which is a true type font and the bigger text size we have the "heavier" is the text but at the moment you can only have bold text or not bold text.
If that is the case how are you handling the different "boldness" of the text?

Thanks

Jonas

kate.morrical61357
2008-01-02, 10:20 PM
True Type fonts don't have line weights. Bold/not bold are your only options. SHX fonts in AutoCAD can be printed heavier or lighter depending on the pen weight, but they're not supported in Revit.

johk
2008-01-06, 11:37 PM
Thank you for the reply.
I have been looking into use other fonts that look similar but are a bit heavier.

Jonas

patricks
2008-01-07, 12:50 PM
Changing to bold or not bold for the text in your tag will have to be done in the family. You can't change it for a loaded tag in a project.