PDA

View Full Version : Cut Fill volume Table

Coolmo
2007-11-27, 07:08 PM
Can someone tell me how to show a cut/fill volume table that shows the total cut, total fill and net cut/fill from an earthwork analysis. I can produce the "volume surface" all day and add the "cut fill ticks" as necessary but I need to be able to add the text that describes the analysis from the statistics tab. Any help is very appreciated.

Harold Pei Jr
2007-11-30, 10:38 PM
Copy and paste is your friend

Coolmo
2007-12-04, 01:50 PM
It won't allow you to even highlight and copy the text and either way, the cut/fill volumes are in separate fields so you can't highlight them all at once... even if you could copy them. There's obviously a way to put this info into a table.

s_morgan_b
2007-12-05, 09:30 PM
In LDD 2006:

Once you've produced the comparative surface, you can output to a text file:

Terrain - Volume Report - Site Report - Site Table

This will prompt you for an insertion point in the drawing and paste the table directly in (as text, not as mtext).

Coolmo
2007-12-06, 09:59 PM
This is in Civil 3D 2007 where that 's not an option anymore... that I can find anyway.

sinc
2007-12-06, 11:34 PM
It seems to be inordinately hard to do this in C3D.

The best way I've found so far is to not use a volume surface. Instead, use Surface->Utilities->Volumes... This calls up something in the Panorama view, where you can create various volume entries.

Once you have created the volume entries, right-click in Panorama and select "Copy all...". Then paste (CTRL+V) into your drawing. You get something that is very similar to the old Land Desktop behavior.

I think the real solution to this involves using a Table Style in some way, but in my initial explorations, it seems messy. Autodesk appears to have overlooked the need for a "Volume table". I think there might be a way of hacking it together, but I'll have to play around with table styles a bit and see if I can figure one out.

Coolmo
2007-12-12, 08:33 PM
Thanks. I'll try the "copy all" thing and possibly just write a program to swipe and organize it all. other than that, I'll keep searching the "tables" option further. i've been messing around with that too and keep hitting dead ends.

Coolmo
2007-12-18, 06:16 PM
yeah.... my fault. Copy to clipboard works perfectly. I noticed that it only highlighted one field at a time so I simply assumed it would only paste one at a time. If I had just performed the 2ND step in the copy/paste procedure..... what an idiot I am.

Harold Pei Jr
2007-12-19, 10:57 PM
yeah.... my fault. Copy to clipboard works perfectly. I noticed that it only highlighted one field at a time so I simply assumed it would only paste one at a time. If I had just performed the 2ND step in the copy/paste procedure..... what an idiot I am.

Don't worry, guess how many things I've tried before someone said "hey, why don't you just try to copy and paste it?" I was about to go off on how much of an idiot he was when, lo and behold, it worked. My table now has an indent in the shape of my head from that :mrgreen: