PDA

View Full Version : Interface changing while working causes problems

jvaca
2007-11-29, 09:55 PM
I have a user here in my office who has his version of Revit acting funny. When wanting to move walls (simple example) the additional options, such as "Edit Profile" "Attach" "Detach," come in under a new bar underneath the element properties, "Drag and Drop option" and 'Funnel"

If Drag and Drop is selected this new bar will move his walls uncontrollably when he selects it because the work plane now moves to adjust for the new bar.

Is there a remedy for this? How do I stop it from happening?

This also lead to another question, is there a way to customize the interface to relocate bars and such? Besides drag and drop some of the work bars?

aaronrumple
2007-11-29, 10:19 PM
Restart Revit. This will reset the toolbars to the default location. There is no way to customize the toolbar locations. They are reset with each session.

Is he running at the minimun required screen resolution?

jvaca
2007-11-30, 12:03 AM
Restarted already... i'm going to reinstall it for him tonight to get him working again.
No other users have this problem and I have yet to find anything else like this on the net through my searches. It's hard to actually describe the problem well enough to get a real search going.

(He is running at 1280x1024)

aaronrumple
2007-11-30, 02:33 PM
Might try copying aone of the Revit *.ini files from another system.

Is he using the same graphics card and setup as others?