PDA

View Full Version : Shadows Property in Views?

ron.sanpedro
2007-12-02, 10:30 PM
I was hoping to use the API to manage shadows in Views, basically to toggle shadows in all views that are both sheeted and have managed shadows (via a Project Parameter applied to views) but I don't see Shadows available via the API. Is this true, or am I not looking in the right place? This would be HUGE from a performance and set accuracy standpoint. I could quickly toggle shadows on and print, knowing every view that needed shadows had them, then toggle the shadows back off for improved performance. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Gordon

GuyR
2007-12-02, 10:59 PM
AFAIK there is no access to AVG(Advanced Visibility Graphics) via the .NET API.

HTH,

GUy

ron.sanpedro
2007-12-02, 11:21 PM
AFAIK there is no access to AVG(Advanced Visibility Graphics) via the .NET API.

HTH,

GUy

Well, it helps me not bang my head on that particular wall. ;) And thanks for the help earlier on the meaning of a grayed out checkbox in Revit.

I do wonder, does anyone else feel like this would be a good use of the API? Or has someone found another way to balance performance with print graphic needs? I have tried to get people to work exclusively in Working Views, so that Sheeted Views can have shadows on and just not ever be opened other than for printing, but so far this has not worked. Perhaps I am just looking for a technical solution to a training problem?

Thanks,
Gordon

truevis
2007-12-03, 12:09 AM
Meanwhile you can select multiple views and Apply View Template. Perhaps a 'shadows' parameter on views and set the project browser to sort by that would help to see which views need shadows on before printing.

PS: I heard you cannot Apply View Template with the API, only change the Default View Template parameter on views.

ron.sanpedro
2007-12-03, 12:23 AM
Meanwhile you can select multiple views and Apply View Template. Perhaps a 'shadows' parameter on views and set the project browser to sort by that would help, too.

PS: I heard you cannot Apply View Template with the API, only change the Default View Template parameter on views.

Truevis,
If I could make a View Template that ONLY affected shadows, and only turned them on, that would work. But I have different views with different shadow settings, different detail levels, different model graphic styles, different VG settings, etc. The only thing they have in common really is shadows on and being on sheets.

For the moment, it seems like nothing is really an ideal solution.

Best,
Gordon

GuyR
2007-12-03, 01:17 AM
??? from RevitAPI.chm View class methods:
public void ApplyTemplate(View viewTemplate);

That should do it I think...

Guy

truevis
2007-12-03, 02:13 AM
Someone in an AU API class said you can only change those parameters. If you had enough view templates, you could set which is the Default one and then do the manual apply. (I haven't even Hello-Worlded yet so what do I know?)