PDA

View Full Version : Inside Structure Labels for Pipe Networks

civil3d.wishlist1941
2007-12-12, 05:18 PM
Summary: For pipe grade labels (on a sewer line for example) to have an option of having the grade figured from inside manhole to inside manhole, not just from center to center.

Description: For pipe grade labels (on a sewer line for example) to have an option of having the grade figured from inside manhole to inside manhole, not just from center to center. In my area, all the approving agencies require this grade. On long runs there is no difference between the two types of labels, but on short runs when it figures from center to center it throws the actual grade off, not by much, but enough to get our design denied.

How Used: For all of our sewer designs. Currently on any short run I have to put in a manual label to meet city, county, and highway district standards. I would love to just be able to set this in the label standards.

Feature Affinity: Pipes

Submitted By: Jennell Needs on October 9, 2007

jpaulsen
2007-12-12, 05:26 PM
We would use this feature also. It makes sense that this option would apply to the pipe length. Since the pipe length is used in calculating the slope.

On our plans we calculate the pipe length from inside edge of inlets (catch basins) but center of manholes (don't ask). So it would make sense to put this setting in the structure. That would provide the most flexibility for the needs of different companies and reviewing agencies.

smatt
2008-01-08, 03:50 PM
Agreed. We calculate all pipe lengths from inside wall of manhole or inlet box to inside.

brian.hagenau
2008-02-05, 08:58 PM
I'm not the only one I see that would like to see this done. My team uses laying lenght which is not center to center of man holes. I wrote an expression that works for me since I use the same size man holes but it they change then I have to manually change the expression. This would be a great fix!!!!!!!