PDA

View Full Version : Extra rows when linking with Excel

stusic
2007-12-16, 04:22 AM
I have been linking schedules made in excel to tables, but since the schedules are of varying quantities and, hence, varying amounts of rows, I was forced to select the whole columns I wanted to link. But when putting the table into Autocad, it'd give me a bunch of empty rows after the point where the schedule was supposed to end. I couldn't specify just a certain range, because sometimes the schedule would be long, sometimes short.

I finally figured out that if I create a dynamic named range in excel, when I link it from acad, it'll only bring in the rows that actually have data.

Here's the link I used to figure out how to do that:
http://www.datapigtechnologies.com/flashfiles/dynamicranges.html

Maybe it'll help someone else. Enjoy.

red2002yzfr1
2008-04-10, 01:53 PM
I was having the same issue and found out there was no data, but something else, the table have more rows than what I could see. I selected about 40-50 rows after my data in Excel, right clicked and DELETED THE ROWS. That seemed to eliminate my extra row issue. This will also work if you have "extra" columns.

stusic
2008-04-10, 06:06 PM
My problem was being caused by having formulas in the cells, so I couldn't delete the rows, even though they were void of data.