PDA

View Full Version : 1 floor plan on multiple sheets

johk
2007-12-18, 07:15 AM
Hi

I have 2 buildings in the same model. I have created a scope box around each building which I use to just show on building on each floor plan.
Say I create a sheet for Level 1 Building A and drag/drop Level 1 Floor plan on the sheet and the assign the appropriate scope box.
Then I create another sheet for Level 1 Building B but I can drag Level 1 Floor Plan on the sheet as it has already been used.

Is the based way to create a new Floor layout as a dependant of Level 1 and then use that one for Building B?

I should also mention that the building is to long to fit on one sheet. Should I create 2 scopeboxes for one building and use them to control my display of the different part of the floor?

Thanks
Jonas

NKramer
2007-12-18, 08:27 PM
Generally people use the original plan as a key plan and then create dependent views for building a and building b. Otherwise you can create another plan using the same level (view, new, floor plan, uncheck "do not duplicate existing views, or just right click on the view), or you could have both buildings in separate files and then link them together. I would suggest separate files, if the buildings are large, as it will improve performance. If the buildings are small then you need to duplicate the view (dependent or not its your choice). Just remember that dependent views have all of the annotation and characteristics of each other; helpful to keep from doubling up on annotation, not if you need to show separate information.

HTH
Nick

Andre Carvalho
2007-12-18, 09:26 PM
If the building is too big to fit into the sheet, working with Callouts is an option too. Just create a key plan at a smaller scale and then using the Callout tool create views from the same floor plan on different sheets. The annotation has to be added to the callout view.

Andre Carvalho

johk
2007-12-19, 10:22 AM
Hi,
The approach I chose was to duplicate the Level as a dependant and adjust the crop regions to suit.
For example for Building A Level 1 I have split the Level in 2 "parts" which gives me 2 dependant duplicated views for each part - 1 for General Arrangement and 1 for reinforcement. I then drag the dependant views on to my sheets.
I have also created different View Templates for General Arrangement and Reinforcement layouts that filter out the information that I don't need on the different plans.
The reason I decided to this over call out's I that I prefer to do all the tagging on one plan rather in one different views.

Thanks for your suggestions

Jonas