PDA

View Full Version : Revit MEP 08 Import .dwg problem...

sgermano
2007-12-19, 06:03 PM
Is there a specific forum for this program or is this it??

Anyway Im having issues importing a 3D cad file that was exported from Microstation to cad. When I import I can see the model, but it locks up shortly after. If I open the file in ACAD 07 it works perfectly.

For whatever reason the file wont work in Revit. I also opened it in ACAD 07 then exported to DXF and the file went from 5.5 mg to 57mg, needless to say this wouldnt work either. Any suggestions?

sgermano
2007-12-19, 06:09 PM
Also when I import I get a error:
"Some ACIS objects could not be imported. To import them, use AutoCAD to convert them into polymesh objects and reimport."

No clue how to convert polymesh objects....

seventwo
2008-03-19, 11:14 PM
I'm having problems creating views based on levels. I imported the DWG, then manually created each level at the proper elevations. For some reason, even though I modify the view depth, the model looks the same for all levels.

Any ideas? :beer:

BrenBren
2008-03-20, 01:31 PM
Is there a specific forum for this program or is this it??

Anyway Im having issues importing a 3D cad file that was exported from Microstation to cad. When I import I can see the model, but it locks up shortly after. If I open the file in ACAD 07 it works perfectly.

For whatever reason the file wont work in Revit. I also opened it in ACAD 07 then exported to DXF and the file went from 5.5 mg to 57mg, needless to say this wouldnt work either. Any suggestions?

There are forums for MEP. They can be found here (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=410)