PDA

View Full Version : Rendering Memory

joeylim
2007-12-24, 05:54 AM
Hi,

I've got message during rendering (VRay) that insufficient memory. Then it crash. Please advise is there anyway to overcome this issue. Is it the virtual or paging memory not enough. If yes how to adjust? I'm using 3GB RAM.

Thanks

stusic
2007-12-24, 01:49 PM
Hi,

I've got message during rendering (VRay) that insufficient memory. Then it crash. Please advise is there anyway to overcome this issue. Is it the virtual or paging memory not enough. If yes how to adjust? I'm using 3GB RAM.

Thanks

I'm not a Vray user, but I think your problem is a problem with all available memory, be it physical memory or virtual (paging) memory. I'm assuming you're on XP Pro (or Home) with a 3 Gb memory limit. Is your scene very complicated? Easing the rendering wherever you can would be my first suggestion, aside from going out and buying more RAM and a new OS. Try using bitmap textures instead of procedural textures wherever you can (and not lose too much on the realism).

Hope this helps!

Steve_Bennett
2007-12-26, 08:24 PM
How many megs is the size of your scene file?

Also, in MAX Preferences, try turning on Bitmap Paging.

dellis
2007-12-27, 10:12 PM
This could be due to many many many things. Can you describe what you have going on in your scene? Maybe a screen cap of the viewport. Is it an interior or exterior...whcih image sampler are you using? Are you using displacement? Feel free to post a link to the file if you want and i can take a look at it.

joeylim
2007-12-30, 03:52 PM
I'm using vista 32bit ultimate. The scene file size is 140++Mb still ok but above that not ok. The scene is interior and also use link revit file. Hee.

Steve_Bennett
2007-12-31, 11:09 PM
If you are running both Revit and MAX 2008 try exporting from Revit using ACIS solids. MAX made some improvements on linking with that vs polyface meshes.