PDA

View Full Version : Refresh Project

dzatto
2007-12-28, 10:14 PM
Okay, I'm working on a new project. I haven't even thought about putting sheets or views together yet. When I try to refresh my project, I keep getting this message:

Cannot find the data. The sheet set may hve been changed by others. Please refresh the project.

This happens every time I refresh the project. SO, how do I refresh the project now?

david_peterson
2007-12-29, 12:02 AM
Check for all the service packs. Make sure you have them all. They had a slight problem with this in ADT2005, but I thought they fixed it. The other thing you can check on is the .dst file (sheet set). If it's 0kb, it's corrupt. Close ACA and delete the file. When you open the project again, you will be prompted to create a new sheet set.
The other problem may be with how PN is playing with your server. I'm guessing you're the only using the project and the only on in the project so you must be saying "I didn't change anything, why do I need to refresh the project?"
Oh, I should state, before you do anything, create a backup copy of the entire project so you can always at least get back to where you were. The other NO-NO with PN is opening files from explorer (ie lauching ACA via dbl pick on the file). It really dosen't like that (or at least it used to cause problems). That kind of thing is what will generally screw it up. Also re-naming files not thru PN is also a bad idea.
Hope this helps.

dkoch
2007-12-30, 04:03 PM
Okay, I'm working on a new project. I haven't even thought about putting sheets or views together yet. When I try to refresh my project, I keep getting this message:

Cannot find the data. The sheet set may hve been changed by others. Please refresh the project.

This happens every time I refresh the project. SO, how do I refresh the project now?
I just had the same message the other day. I had another version of ACD-A open at the same time I was trying to add a sheet in ACD-A 2008, and I was unable to add the sheet, getting that message. When I tried to refresh the project, I got the same message. Closing the other version (along with shutting down the computer and rebooting, then only opening 2008 ) seemed to clear things up for me.

dzatto
2008-01-02, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the info guys. Funny thing is, I haven't even messed with the sheet sets yet. It's a new project!

Anyway, the reboot thing didn't work, but this did (so far):
I went to the project browser and closed the project there (by right click). Then I refreshed it through the project browser and opened it again. Now it works. Kind of a wierd way to do it, but it's working so far.

mwalker.87963
2008-01-21, 08:50 AM
I've done a couple of projects through navigator and have been told/have found that only one person at a time can be creating or editing the files on the sheet tab at once. Not sure why but it's just that tab you can have many others working and editing drawings that are in the views/constructs folders but not the sheets. Thats just what I've found if there is a way to have more than one person editing the sheets at one time please let me know as it's a pain if the job has alot of sheets that need editing before an issue and only one person can do it.....

david_peterson
2008-01-22, 04:06 PM
I've done a couple of projects through navigator and have been told/have found that only one person at a time can be creating or editing the files on the sheet tab at once. Not sure why but it's just that tab you can have many others working and editing drawings that are in the views/constructs folders but not the sheets. Thats just what I've found if there is a way to have more than one person editing the sheets at one time please let me know as it's a pain if the job has alot of sheets that need editing before an issue and only one person can do it.....
Only one person can edit the .dst file at a time because you are also editing a .xml file also when using PN. Now I know the "R" word is going to be used saying that that's one of the reasons why it's better, but you know, only one person at a time can save back to the Central file there so it's not that different. It's kind of a logic thing. Now you can have multiple people edit the sheets, but if you are using all fields and you need to make global changes I can tell you that there's much better ways to do that. I wouldn't ever see myself needing to have lots of people in the sheet set manager at once. At the time of printing you should have already created all the sheets that are needed. If you can tell us your approach on how you have them set up and why you would need it, I'm sure we can give you some better options.
Let us know. :beer: