PDA

View Full Version : Possible xdata?

whdjr
2004-08-23, 06:21 PM
I am having some major "layer" trouble and I need some help!!! One of my drafters copied some data from a civil drawing and the stuff that came in brought some other layers that were not being used. We tried to remove these layers, but have not been successful yet.

I need some guidance please fellow lispers.

Just to give you some background. We are using A2K on XP. I am unsure what version or platform the civil drawing was produced in. It was sent to us as a dwg, so we copied certain data out of it to add to our baseplan. Now we are unable to remove some civil layers that traveled through space into our drawing. I have tried exploding everything many times to get down to raw entities, but that doesn't help. I have also tried saving it as a R12 dxf, but that doesn't work either. My first thought was possibly some xdata, but that is newbie territory for me. I've dabbled there a little, but not much. The reason I think it might be xdata is if I delete certain portions of the drawing or layer delete some of my drawing the extra layers will be purged.

Please help me quickly?

Thank You,

Mike.Perry
2004-08-23, 10:27 PM
Hi

I honestly know very little (if anything) about XData but I hope you find the following articles of some use -

Extended Entity Data (http://www.afralisp.com/lispa/lisp21.htm)

Dictionaries and XRecords (http://www.afralisp.com/lisp/dict.htm)

+

If you have the Express Tools have you looked at the command XDLIST

Have a good one, Mike

Jeff_M
2004-08-23, 10:56 PM
could you post a small sample dwg? Make sure to include which layers are the problem ones.

sinc
2004-08-24, 01:38 AM
Did you check for invisible blocks? Make sure all your layers are on/thawed, run the "erase" command and type "all", then hold down shift and select everything you see (to deselect it). If you have any invisible blocks, this should get rid of them.

You should do this in paper space as well as model space.

Coolmo
2004-08-24, 01:14 PM
This might be an Express tools thing but try the LAYDEL command. It wipes out any layer in a drawing and EVERYTHING on the layer so be careful with this one.

whdjr
2004-08-24, 05:20 PM
Just to give you guys an update:

williams.60073
Laydel gives you two options for use "pick" or "type" in which case there is nothing to pick and when I type in the layer name it says it is referenced by some other objects. Thanks anyway.

richards.64879
I tried your suggestion, but it didn't delete anything else. Thanks anyway.

miff
The dwg is rather large, but I will try to post a dwg with some objects deleted. Thanks.

Mike.Perry
Thanks for the two web links. I will research those. I am intrigued about the Express Tools routine. I didn't know they had one. I will try to manipulate it to delete xdata. Thanks for the heads up.

Thank you all for the info and please post anymore suggestions.

sinc
2004-08-25, 03:20 AM
Did you try drawing cleanup?

whdjr
2004-08-25, 03:32 PM
Not familiar with that one.

I did however solve my problem. I managed to delete the xdata I found.

Thanks for the help people.