PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading mline

martyk
2004-08-23, 09:44 PM
Not sure if this should be here or "wish list" but here goes. Is there a way to upgrade mline? What I'm wondering is to make it more like a polyline in how you can go from drawing a straight line, then add an arc, then go back to a straight line. All in one polyline. It would be great if you could do this then you could layout streets, curb, and sidewalk with one mline. And if you have to adjust, lets say, the curve radius, the radius of the centerline, curbs, and sidewalk would be changed as well as they are all tied together, just like mline. Any info regarding this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

mjfarrell
2004-08-23, 09:49 PM
Martin, the tool you want to use for now
is the Create Offsets tool located under
Alignments......this is one Bad Motorscooter

In theory these elements are more, uh parametric
in the mythical Civil 3D product.

Until then....

And now that you made me think about it.....
it could probably be done with buffer topologies
in MAP.....hmmmm only that would be a little messy...

Mike.Perry
2004-08-23, 10:15 PM
Hi Martin

Definitely sounds like a Wish List Item to me, would you mind if I *moved* this thread to the appropriate Wish List Forum?

If no you wouldn't mind, can I please ask which Autodesk product Wish List I should place this thread in (AutoCAD or one of the vertical products) ?

Thanks, Mike

Forum Moderator

martyk
2004-08-24, 02:18 PM
Mike - Go ahead and move it to whichever wish list you think would be best. All that matters to me is that someone starts to think about it. Thanks!

martyk
2004-08-24, 02:24 PM
You know Mike, the more I think about this, I think this should be a part of "vanilla" AutoCad! I think Autodesk should be able to make some "minor" modifications to their already working mline command. What do you think?

Mike.Perry
2004-08-24, 02:28 PM
Hi Martin

Done.

Have *moved* this thread from the AutoCAD Customization (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=118) Forum to this one.

I agree that it should become a functionality of Multilines within vanilla AutoCAD (currently I believe they are a total waste of space within AutoCAD, far too many limiting factors associated with them).

:beer: Mike

Forum Moderator

Wanderer
2004-08-24, 04:22 PM
Hi

Done.

Have *moved* this thread from the AutoCAD Customization (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=118) Forum to this one.

I agree that it should become a functionality of Multilines within vanilla AutoCAD (currently I believe they are a total waste of space within AutoCAD, far too many limiting factors associated with them).

Forum Moderator
This is a common wish, let's gitter done!:beer:

Ed Jobe
2004-09-17, 09:46 PM
This is why I have kept DLINE.LSP around. You can't even radius an mline. Never touch the useless thing.

Mike.Perry
2004-09-17, 09:51 PM
Hi Ed

Would DLINE.lsp be any good to "Lem" within the following thread -

Multiline with Polyline (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=8333)

Ed Jobe
2004-09-17, 10:19 PM
Possibly. Dline only does two (Double LINEs), but he could use offset to create the centerline. I'll post it over there.

Mike.Perry
2004-09-17, 10:55 PM
Hi Ed

Thanks!!!