PDA

View Full Version : Surface says it is already referenced

smatt
2008-01-10, 10:35 PM
I have a drawing that I had my original ground surface referenced into, but for some reason the reference cannot be seen under surfaces in prospector. When I try to reference it in again, I get the following message: Reference already exists

Any ideas? I need to perform some grading to this surface.

Harold Pei Jr
2008-01-26, 03:14 AM
We've been experiencing this as well. Sometimes it resolves itself (after closing the program and opening it again), and sometimes it doesn't.
Where's your working folder? One set of problems happened when some people didn't have write priveledges to the folder (networked working folder).
The other times, the only thing we can come up with is that Vault is being stupid:(

Keefe_Lee_G-and-O
2008-08-19, 06:30 PM
or check your xml file to see if you have the most up to date set paths. The project.xml file is the "road map" for CAD to find where all your surface references are mapped to and in which file the data is extracting. While your file may be referenced, it's missing a link to tell CAD to pull the surface out of that file that the surface resides in.

bedringt
2010-03-25, 10:12 PM
Can anyone elaborate on this?

I am using 2008 and data shortcuts, and one of my surfaces says it's already referenced. It is not anywhere in the prospector or in the data shortcut panorama window. I have purged and audited the drawing, restarted the program, restarted my computer, recreated the working and shortcut folders, recreated the reference, and nothing is working. The surface XML file appears to be correct, but I don't really know what I'm looking at. The file paths are correct, and the surface name is correct.

-Ben