PDA

View Full Version : Property Set Question on Door Objects

arcadia_x27
2004-08-24, 06:36 PM
Is it possible to have a property set in a door that will be indepandant even if there are multiple instances of the same style. What im trying to do is to be able to schedule all the doors in a house. but be able to specifiy different wall heights for those doors. for example if I had five 36" doors all the same style in a house and three were in a wall 7'7" high, 2 were in a wall 7'8 1/2" high and one in an 8' wall. Id like to be able to add a manual property that I could add in the wall size( or any other individual characteristic) and not have it copied to every other door of the same style.

Ive added a copy of the drawing im trying to do this on. I thought about adding a property set that applied only to the door objects but I'm not sure that would work with our particular door styles.

richard.binning
2004-08-24, 07:43 PM
I think you are on the right track...if you want to assign properties based on a style, then a "style-based" property set will be the obvious choice. If each instance of an object is slightly different or requires different data, then you will want to use an "object-based" property set.

From your post, I gather that your door schedule includes a column for the Wall height that is tied to each door object? Then add a property definition to your Door Object property set or create a new property set to be attached to all the doors and add a "manual" formatted property. Note this will require you to visit each instance to edit the property data. Of course, you can always use quick select to grab them and add the data for "like" doors.

RLB