PDA

View Full Version : Project file update problems..

whf
2008-01-17, 06:04 PM
Hello,

We have been using Revit since ver. 4.5, and are now running 9.1. (we have 2008, but have been too busy/lazy to upgrade lately...) We have a number of files that were created in any one of our prior versions. The problem is that now when we try and open these files with 9.1 it gives a "failed to open document" message. It is doing this on several of our files. I thought it would be a simple matter of installing a prior version and opening/upgrading the file with that, then opening with 9.1. So I reinstalled 8.1 and I am now able to open the older files and upgrade them to 8.1. But, when I try to open the (now) 8.1ver file with 9.1 I get the same message. Are these files lost to history (which will become exxxxpensive) or am I forced to simultaneously run two versions of Revit? (also not a desirable option) Please let me know if anyone knows what is going on or might have a solution. Thanks for your time.

Bill

Update: So I went ahead and installed 2008 thinking maybe this was something that has been fixed....no dice. I've also purged all unused from some of the drawings and even have one that is nothing but a couple of walls and a roof....still no dice.

aaronrumple
2008-01-17, 07:24 PM
No. Just ship them off to Autodesk support and they will get them manually upgraded.

whf
2008-01-17, 07:50 PM
Seriously??? We're talking something like 30+gigs... Is there anyone in particular that I would send them attention to? I don't suppose they cover any of the costs associated with this?

Thanks...

aaronrumple
2008-01-17, 07:53 PM
Seriously??? We're talking something like 30+gigs... Is there anyone in particular that I would send them attention to? I don't suppose they cover any of the costs associated with this?

Thanks...

In Revit - Help > Create Subscription request...
They will set up a Buzzsaw account for your to upload the file.
Your subscription fee pays for the support. You're covered.