PDA

View Full Version : INCREMENTAL NUMBERING

gary m. schafer
2008-01-18, 11:22 AM
Is there an easy way to do annotations without having to manually copy and edit numbers, say for example parking bays. I would appreciate input.

gary m. schafer
2008-01-18, 12:19 PM
HOW DO I EASILY ACHIEVE THIS WITH TEXT

tomnewsom
2008-01-18, 12:37 PM
YOU TYPE IN 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Caps is shouting, by the way.
Do you mean an automatically numbered list, such as you'd make in Word?
Can't be done. Revit's text editing is very basic indeed.

gary m. schafer
2008-01-18, 12:44 PM
There must be a way, something like the way gridlines work.

aaronrumple
2008-01-18, 02:02 PM
Numbering of what? Doors and windows will increment from the last entered number. Start with the first as 100 and the next will be 101...

rjcrowther
2008-01-18, 02:08 PM
Is there an easy way to do annotations without having to manually copy and edit numbers, say for example parking bays. I would appreciate input.

Unfortuneately, no.

aaronrumple
2008-01-18, 02:12 PM
You can make a linear generic family with a nested parking component arrayed. This can then be tagged with a multi-category tag to give you the count for the number of stalls in each row... The individual stalls can still then be scheduled to get a grand total. (I'd mark this down as power user level, so you might want to start with something simpler....)

gary m. schafer
2008-01-24, 12:53 PM
i found a workaround. not sure what anyone thinks.
i used a gridline to achieve this. i changed the object style > annotation objects > grid head to have no colour. then i drew a gridline and adjusted the gridline to have just a short line. when i add my gridline "text" on my white sheet i can array it or copy it to achieve what i wanted. maybe someone else finds this useful ?

NKramer
2008-01-24, 11:14 PM
Maybe I am missing something, but why not just use a family and tag? I created a quick striping family along with a tag that counts the number of stalls, ACC stalls, etc. and can get it to count out just fine.

I would imagine that you could schedule and total the stall count also (it is a shared parameter), see attached.

Or you could create a dummy dim generic annotation with the shared parameter label in it....

HTH

Nick

Edit - I guess this is along the lines of what Aaron was saying, just in practice. :)

aaronrumple
2008-01-25, 02:32 PM
i found a workaround. not sure what anyone thinks.
i used a gridline to achieve this. i changed the object style > annotation objects > grid head to have no colour. then i drew a gridline and adjusted the gridline to have just a short line. when i add my gridline "text" on my white sheet i can array it or copy it to achieve what i wanted. maybe someone else finds this useful ?

It works until you need a column grid for the building... ;-)

KayMan
2010-11-09, 11:21 PM
The only way we have found to do this is to set our family category to 'Windows'. Now as you place it will generated sequencial numbering in the Mark parameter that can be tagged.
Good points - if you delete a family its mark number wont be used again.
Bad points - have to include additional attributes in families if you want to create a window schedule so that your not scheduling the fake windows.

twiceroadsfool
2010-11-10, 01:54 AM
My goodness. I would make a schedule and run down it typing in mark values before id be venturing down these roads. Categories- and their many proclivities- are way to important to make parking spot tags out of grids... or Windows.

dfriesen
2010-11-10, 01:59 PM
You want to take a look at Steve Stafford's post (#12) in this thread:
http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?p=1067564#post1067564

If you're on subscription, you have access to the Extensions from Autodesk, which includes a tool that can renumber parking spaces (and other elements) very nicely.